|North Mymms Memorial Hall, Station Road, Welham Green|
The chair of the North Mymms Memorial Hall, Mike Allen, has written to this site asking for help in recruiting a new secretary and active committee members to help run the place.
In an email to this site Mike wrote:
"The Memorial Hall has been serving the North Mymms community for 60 years and is completely self-funded. It now has an all-new management committee who want to take the hall forward for the benefit of all.
"The committee needs new active members especially a secretary. The duties would be to take minutes at the committee meetings (approximately six a year), ensure paperwork is up to date, and be pro-active in applying for grants to pay for further improvements to the facilities. So far this year the committee has:
- Lighting: improved the external lighting around the hall
- Cleaning: carried out extensive cleaning and repairs (now to be carried out on a regular basis)
- Fire Alarm: had a new fire alarm system installed
- Meeting Room: refurbished the meeting room
- Defibrillator: fund raised and installed an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- War Memorial: refurbished the war memorial plaque
- Kitchen: had the kitchen fully refurbished to a high standard."
Mike says the next project is to upgrade the heating system. He's keen to keep the momentum going with his "all-new management committee", and would like to encourage local volunteers to help in any way they can.
If you think you can lend a hand, please get in touch with Mike Allen either via the message line, which is 07948 310192, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next event at the hall is an Easter fun day, details below.