Welwyn Hatfield told to review housing strategy
The latest edition of the Welwyn Hatfield Local Plan newsletter has just been circulated. In it the planning inspector's requirements of the council are set out in a list of 'key tasks'. That list, and the newsletter, are included below.
- Reviewing the Strategic Housing Market Assessment and considering implications for the borough's objectively assessed housing need.
- Reviewing housing land supply in the housing market area.
- Undertaking a comprehensive and rigorous assessment of the Green Belt to establish which areas are essential to retain, and which areas, if developed, could have less harm on the Green Belt.
- Reviewing existing settlements which are 'washed over' by Green Belt and considering the extent to which they contribute to the openness of the Green Belt and whether there is potential to remove them from the Green Belt.
- Testing the infrastructure implications of delivering 16,000 new dwellings in line with the Council's most recent assessment of the borough's objectively assessed housing need.