Local weather forecast - train arrivals/departures below

NORTH MYMMS WEATHER

Welcome to North Mymms News

News and information for the Hertfordshire parish of North Mymms. There is a comment box for your input beneath each item - you might need to disable ad blocker temporarily to reveal. You can sign up for news update notifications at the top left of any page.

National EU remain petition passes six million

Local response to EU remain or leave petitions


Image: Screen grab of map on the petition parliament site at 13.30 on Sunday 31 March, 2019

As the petition to revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU passed the six million mark more than 10 thousand Welwyn Hatfield constituents had added their names to the campaign.

Meanwhile another petition to leave the EU without a deal in March had gathered almost 600,000 names nationwide and almost a thousand locally.

Image: Screen grab of map on the petition parliament site at 13.30 on Sunday 31 March, 2019

When the EU Referendum was held on 23 June 2016, the results from Welwyn Hatfield were 31,060 (53%) in favour of leaving the EU, with 27,550 (47%) voting to remain. The turnout was 58,641 (75.08% of the electorate).

Those who click on either of the petitions need to confirm their intention by clicking on a return email. Both screen grabs above taken at 1pm on Sunday 31 March, 2019.




Your feedback on the articles posted on North Mymms News is always welcome. Please use the comment box below any news item to have your say. Comments are pre-moderated, so there will be a delay before they appear.


More articles

Please use the ‘next’ button above to access recent news items. If you want to contribute a news article please use the ‘contact us’ form in the right-hand column.